Honolulu is the capital of Hawaii and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. This city offers many hotels, attractions and activities for travellers.
Where to stay:
1. Waikiki is the most popular area for tourists, teeming with hotels, restaurants, and shops. Mid-priced to luxury hotels:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
- Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort
2. Downtown Honolulu – A quieter area with proximity to the business centre and historical sites.
3. Ala Moana – close to Hawaii’s largest outdoor shopping mall, Ala Moana Shopping Centre.
What to see:
- Waikiki Beach – famous beach, perfect for surfing, walking or just relaxing in the sun.
- Diamond Head is a famous volcanic crater that offers stunning views of Honolulu. You can hike up the hiking trail to the top for a breathtaking panoramic view.
- Pearl Harbor and USS Arizona Memorial – Sites dedicated to the memory of those who died in the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.
- Iolani Palace – the only royal palace on U.S. soil.
- Chinatown – historic district with many shops, restaurants and markets.
- Bishop Museum – a museum that showcases Hawaiian and Pacific history.
- Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium are great places for families.
- Kapiolani Park is a beautiful city park for picnics, walks, and sporting events.
- Manoa Falls – a short walking trail that leads to a scenic waterfall.
With Honolulu being Hawaii’s largest city, there are plenty of activities and attractions. Most importantly, however, is enjoying Hawaiian culture, the beauty of nature and the hospitality of the locals.